How to Get Rid of Bad Odour in the Freezer
If you are suffering from bad smell coming from your freezer, there could be more than one cause behind this.
For example, if you store lots of meat or fish in there, they can start to smell strongly after some time but if you don’t keep them fresh all the time, they will start to go stale and smell bad when they are kept in the freezer.
The other reason may be that you keep lots of vegetables in your refrigerator freezer and they start to decay slightly and as a result, they give a bad smell.
Whatever the reason, there are some simple ways to get rid of the bad smell from your refrigerator freezer. Here are some tips to do it by yourself at home.
1. Try and use a vacuum cleaner to clean the refrigerator freezer. You can start from the top part of the freezer towards the bottom part. First, you have to unplug it and then, take all the food out of the fridge and put it in another container.
Then, you can start cleaning a little part at a time and then move on to the next room. Make sure that you vacuum every corner of your fridge and freezer compartment.
2. If you want to get rid of bad smell coming from your refrigerator freezer, try putting some baking soda in there for about 2-3 days. It will absorb the bad smell and help you get rid of it easily. You can also put baking soda in a sock and put that into your freezer.
3. Try putting some vinegar in there for about 30 minutes. You will be surprised to find that the vinegar will absorb the bad smell easily and you won’t even have to clean the fridge for a long time after that.
4. If you are not able to find any other way of getting rid of bad odour from your refrigerator freezer, you can try putting some charcoal in there for about 3 days. It will absorb the smell and keep your refrigerator smelling fresh for a longer time.
5. You can also put some coffee grounds in there for about 1-2 days. Coffee grounds help absorb the bad smell and you will be able to find a change in your refrigerator after that.
6. You can also put some coffee beans in a container and put it in your refrigerator. This will absorb the smell and keep your refrigerator smelling fresh for a long time.
7. You can also use activated charcoal to get rid of bad odour from your refrigerator freezer. Just put some charcoal in a sock and tie it to your fridge for about 2 days. The smell will be eliminated by then and you won’t have to clean your fridge for a long time after that.