Tips for Mixing and Matching Decor
Now that you know what the most popular color trends are for 2017, how do you mix and match them to create a cohesive space? Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Pick one color from each of the trending palettes and use them as your focal points. These could be an accent wall, a chair, or a rug. By doing this, you’ll have multiple different styles in one room without making it look like a mishmash of styles.
You can also have your focal point be the dominant color in your room, which will draw attention to it and away from other colors that may clash with it.
2. If you don’t want to pick just one dominant color for your room, then stick with two colors from each palette and use them together in the same space. To keep things looking cohesive, make sure they are used in similar amounts and in complementary patterns or designs (like stripes).
3. Use neutrals as accents throughout your space so that all of the colors stand out without being overwhelming. A neutral palette can help balance out bright colors if they feel too overpowering or if they’re clashing with another part of the room’s design.
4. You can also mix and match the colors from the same palette to create a more cohesive space. For example, if you have an orange room with shades of orange, red, and yellow, then choose two colors from that palette to use in another room or space.
This will tie all of the rooms together while still giving each room its own unique look.
5. Don’t forget about black and white! These colors are always popular, and they can easily be incorporated into any color palette.